ADULT BIBLE STUDY – Monday evenings in the Fireside Room at 6:30 p.m. We have taken on many books from the Hebrew scriptures/Old Testament, and the Christian scriptures/New Testament, usually chapter by chapter, and not been bored – really! Come and laugh and learn together. This new year we will study scripture and find ways to be both “spiritual and religious”…All are welcome to join in.
As a heads up alert, if it’s Monday and not during Advent, Lent, or the summer vacation, you’ll find us meeting; if you’ve chosen one of those times to study, come join us on Wednesdays at the Midweek Worship at 6:45 pm…unless it’s summer and then, well, we’ll see you on Sunday .
“AT-HOME FELLOWSHIP” MEETINGS – this is one way to “bring the church to you” even if you are able to get to Springfield Lutheran regularly on Sunday mornings or Wednesday evening.
Hosted by friendly members of the congregation, we currently have two such gatherings for a study/worship topic. Call the church office at 541-746-2403 for information. Here are the current AT-HOME FELLOWSHIP opportunities:
- “FRINGE BENEFITS” AT-HOME FELLOWSHIP – Fourth Thursdays at 1:30 p.m. hosted by Dick & Marilyn Rickson
- WISE GUYS MEN’S GATHERING: a once-per- month fellowship time (fishing, hunting, sports, politics, and jokes are frequently served up along with the eggs, bacon–or a sandwich if you like!) at a local restaurant, often with time to solve almost any religious/newsworthy item within the one hour discussion! Amazing! Call for next meeting, usually the last Tuesday of each month at 1:15 p.m. and currently we’re meeting at The Hole in the Wall BBQ joint off Mohawk.
CHURCH WOMEN – SLCW, for short. We are part of something very big – the women’s organization of the 9,500+ Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) congregations (aka WELCA). For more information, please call the church office at 541-746-2403. Here are a few of our ongoing ministry opportunities:
- SPRINGFIELD LUTHERAN STITCHERS –
Also known as the LWR Quilters. Our Stitchers make quilts for Lutheran World Relief. Meetings are on Tuesdays, 9 a.m., in the SLCW Quilting Room in the East Wing. They ship over 100 each year. The “Stitchers” welcome donations of materials (no knits) for making quilts, including sheets, any size, but not white.
- LUTHERAN WORLD RELIEF – Through Lutheran World Relief our women extend their love of Christ to neighbors all around the world living as refugees or suffering from drought and other disasters.
- MONTHLY CIRCLE – Rebecca/Ruth Circle, Second Mondays, 1:00 p.m. in a home or at church. The location rotates each month so check the monthly AnchorNews, weekly E-Anchor, or weekly Sunday bulletin the preceding week.